Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: speeding
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
billabong52
I have recieved a 'single justice proceedure notice' from yorkshire police re speeding on the A66 I was caught on laser type LTI 20.20 (UltraLyte 1000) should I ask for laser calibration test certificate? ... my 'offense was dated 9th May and my my proceedure letter is dated 9th November (6months and 1 day?) what should I do, If I plead guilty by phone i get a reduction in fine of 30% duh!
southpaw82
Calibration certificate is irrelevant.

What is the date of the written charge?

You will normally get a discount of 1/3 for pleading guilty at the earliest opportunity (not sure what the phone has to do with that).
billabong52
I was zapped and processed According to the paperwork) on the 9th May 9.55am 79mph in a 50 zone (I missed the speed change sign on the A66), i recieved my invitation to plead dated 9th november, I have 6 points. Called theClerk of the court who suggested pleading guilty (by form) and asking for a court date to plead mitigation.
Jlc
Ok, but you haven't answered the key question.
billabong52
Charge authorised by prosecution team manager date 09/11/2021

..... that on 9/05/2021 on a road namely A66 browson bank,Richmond drove a motor vehicle ..... bla bla at a speed exceeding 50 mph

Plea form posting date 9th November.

I tried one of those free legal advice types who said that they would provide a Barrister to represent me at circa £1.6k duh .. to fill out the plea and then to represent me in court, the clerk to the Court suggested that I could / should self represent.

I recieved a request to confirm the identity of the driver as per normal which i completed and submitted back in early may but kept no record.

the witness statement ... camera operator,,, includes his pic evidence (my car) exihibit 1... which is dated 27th may
southpaw82
It appears to have been issued on the very last day.
billabong52
Help me on this one ...... If an offence date is 1st of may then a calender month finishes on the 31st? May? .... or are you saying that the calender month concludes on the 1st June? (sounds like a month and a day).

its a bit like saying that a week starts on monday and finishes 8 days later on the next monday .....rather than monday thru to sunday (7 days)

my thought was that 9th of may running 6 months would finish 8th november for a full 6 months. ?

never mind without the exact legal text underpinning the legislation there is no argument, perhaps i should suck it up!
southpaw82
Six months after 1st of May is 1st of November, not 31st October.

Six months after 9th May is 9th November, not the 8th.
billabong52
Yup you win! ... worth a thought
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.