Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Received spjn with s172 and speeding charge
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Peanut0602
Hi guys, please help!!

So today I return home to find a SJPN detail a charge for speeding and failure to furnish information. Firstly I had no knowledge of this as it was sent supposedly on 2 June to an address I lived at until dec 2019. I moved again in April this year and all mail redirected as before. Redirection for address nip states sent has stopped on 28th June this as prepaid and mail from most recent move from April for a year.

All relevant, I have nothing and what proves the point is that they had sent the sjnp to my new address not old realising I’m not there. License insurance shows change etc. so what do I do. I have completed online and as stated video evidence confirm it’s me and guilty to speeding. But state I cannot give information to forms not received. But I see in there eyes I am guilty for non return. I would obviously had taken a course and point if offered and not fail to disclose. I have requested. My old landlord see if anything went there and redirection failed and he is prepared to write if has and never sent on. Either way I’m so upset and really confused. I realise v5 not updated but the redirection did t obviously work as I didn’t get it and they then got other address. Please advise . Also posted date of sjpn was 13/12/21 and offence on copy of nip was 31/5 issued 2/6 . It’s me on there I just didn’t get the bloody letter !! Speeding was bexhill East Sussex and live in st Leonard’s yet they sent to reading, berks. Insurance, driving license shows current address. Also at previous address all mail was redirected al from April this year. So I was doing all I can to redirect mail. But nothing came. All they have is a copy of the original form sent in June
NewJudge
What address was shown on the V5C (Registration Document) at the time of the alleged speeding offence?
Gerfc1
What was the alleged speed?

What was the speed limit?

Is the address on the SJPN correct, if not correct so they can get in touch with you.

You plea Not Guilty to both charges then it will refer to you Magistrate Court.

When your date in Magistrate Court (not via SJPN) find an usher, the person with clipboard to ask to speak to the prosecutor.

When you speak to the proescutor (make sure it is prosecutor) you are willing to Plea Guilty if they would drop the Failure to Identify Charge.

You can ask the magistate to sentence you at the Fixed Penalty rate depending how fast you did, for over 40mph the Fixed Penalty is up to 25mph over the speed limit. 49mph for 30mph zone, 34mph for 20mph zone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.