Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN At Pets At Home Falkirk
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
BAZ 12
Hi Folks,

Got my First Parking Ticket the other day. Sweet.

I was going to the dentist so parked in Pets at Home which is just over the road. I had planed on going to Pets at Home after the dentist appointment as I do shop at this store as we have pets.

The car park has been taken over by TPS but sign states that it can be used for up to an hour by store customers.

I went over to dentist then when straight over to the store within said Hour. When returnig to my car I had this PCN stuck to window.
I opened it and was shocked to read that I had been issued ticket under option (e) other and some clown had noted NON CUSTOMER - How the **** do they come to this conclusion.

Anyways Charge notice states that I must pay charge of £60 within 28 days, If I make payment within 14 days then its ONLY £40!

I have spoke to a few people about this and got mixed reactions, but most have said not to pay this fine so I was looking for some more sound advice. I have read most topics on this subject and FAQ however
one thing that is sticking out on the charge notice is that their is a time noted when I was parked from but no note to say til what time I was apparently parked for. Is this something that I could take to task with TPS.

I plan on writing to them to Appeal fine but where do I stand.

Many Thanks

Baz.
bama
Welcome Baz.

TPS well known here...

Do NOT write to them !!
Do NOT phone them.

do NOT pay them.

see the PPC FAQ at forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=26174

you have nothing to fear.

keep their uneforceable invoices and all their threatening b/s letters (that you will get)

it is a Con to put it bluntly.

do NOT write to them !!
do NOT Phone them
do NOT pay them.
Barnsley Boy
Baz,

Just reinforcing Bama's comments. Despite the official looking stationery that these private companies use, mimicking "Charge Notice", "Notice to Owner" and so on, they have no legal status whatsoever. Spend a letter time on this forum following through threads on private parking companies. It really is a revelation.

Don't worry, don't "appeal" and DON'T PAY
emanresu
How the **** do they come to this conclusion.

What they do is sit in an unmarked van and wait for people to walk off site and clamp them within minutes of doing so.

Near us its when the local boot fair is on and people park then go off site. Other posters have mentioned days when a football match is on. They know the times and the places for a few £'000 to be made in a short period of time.

Bottom Line - Don't pay or if you have get it back through moneyclaimonline.
clean for20years
Baz as everyone says do not communicate with these con men /robbers /scammers /stronger word delete as appropriate !
Read through the posts on private parking companies

BAZ 12
Hello again,

It has been 2 months since my last confession!

I thought I would give you all an update on how things have moved on.

I received a Notice to owner the other day from TPS. It was sent to my old address, but my postman knows me so passed it on. Bless him.

First line on notice states "This notice has been sent to you (well to wrong address) as the registered owner/keeper/hire of the vehicle because a PCN was issued. You are liable for the parking charge in bold letters even if you were not the driver at the time".

Goes on to say must now pay by 31/03/08 or charge will be increased to £100. If notice not paid, the increased amount will be registered as a debt and my details will be forwarded on to debt collection agency for recovery.

Further statement underlined in bold " we must inform you that failure to make payment may result in immediate court action being taken and a warrant for recovery being passed to the bailiffs.

I have read several similar cases on this website and looked through FAQ and found it very informative.

I am unwilling to pay these thiefs and want to send a reply as up to now I have just ignored it, However I'm still contemplating what to reply.

Any suggestions. biggrin.gif
axeman
use the cheapest and easiest reply...........................DON'T

ignore the ham shankers

bama
Does it really say "Notice to Owner" .. comedians.

and as for the RK is liable - complete joke.

and as for "If notice not paid, the increased amount will be registered as a debt" registered where exactly ?

DCAs are powerless

the whole thing is poor in the extreme. sounds like a last ditch effort from them. you may get a DCA letter but that just adds to your collection and increases their costs so its a win smile.gif

Just ignore and keep the letter in the drawer with the others - these guys aren't even worth winding up.

But tell ALL your friends about this scam and how to handle it..
Alexis
his notice has been sent to you (well to wrong address) as the registered owner/keeper/hire of the vehicle because a PCN was issued. You are liable for the parking charge in bold letters even if you were not the driver at the time".

Goes on to say must now pay by 31/03/08 or charge will be increased to £100. If notice not paid, the increased amount will be registered as a debt and my details will be forwarded on to debt collection agency for recovery.

Further statement underlined in bold " we must inform you that failure to make payment may result in immediate court action being taken and a warrant for recovery being passed to the bailiffs.

Now in the realms of Obtaining Money by Deception.
The Rookie
If you want some fun, write them a letter telling them to FRO in whatever language you feel like using, don't stamp the envelope and write 'check enclosed' on the outside to make sure they pay for the letter! No need to give them any senders details.

Simon
leegomery16
QUOTE (Alexis @ Thu, 27 Mar 2008 - 09:25) *
his notice has been sent to you (well to wrong address) as the registered owner/keeper/hire of the vehicle because a PCN was issued. You are liable for the parking charge in bold letters even if you were not the driver at the time".

Now in the realms of Obtaining Money by Deception.

Fraud. Obtaining property by deception was repealed in January 2007.

I'd suggest taking a copy of this letter to trading standards and making a complaint.

Gaza
QUOTE (BAZ 12 @ Thu, 27 Mar 2008 - 00:42) *

Bailiffs cannot act without a court order and they have sod all chance of getting one unless they raise a claim and you fail to respond. However, it goes goes to show how thick these scamming wankers are; this happened in Scotland, in Scotland there are no such things as bailiffs, only Sheriff Officers or Messengers-at-arms.
leegomery16
I don't recommend replying to this at all. Nevertheless, it would be interesting to see if any PPC is suicidal enough to quote the RTA 1991 when asked on what basis the RK is liable.

Anybody know how to start a petition on the Downing Street website? It's about time DVLA stopped selling personal data to these scammers (or has such a petition been done?).

Edit: It has: Sign up here by 21 May 08.
Gaza
QUOTE (leegomery16 @ Thu, 27 Mar 2008 - 14:28) *

That is a very badly worded petition. Certain private companies have the right to access the information of they are acting for councils.
leegomery16
Well, you could start a new one and ignore the 60-odd signatures on that one.
BAZ 12
Afternoon Guys and Girls,

Further update!

After reading further comments I decided to follow the genral consensus and not bother replying to any further demands for money off TPS Parking.

The latest instalment I have received seems to be from some sort of collection agency on behalf of TPS.
Company name is Elite Collections International Ltd. Anyone heard or had dealings with them? Or has TPS changed names?

Anyway it has been sent to wrong address again like all previous correspondance (postman knows me so
brings all mail to new address) and goes as follows:

Re: TPS Parking Solutions ltd (manual)
Amount Due: £100

Dear *******

As you have not responded to our previous letters, we can only assume that you have no intention of making an effort to clear the sum outstanding.

Should you not contact us upon receipt of this letter, an OUTSIDE FIELD AGENT will be instructed visit your address to discuss this further within 1 week.

PAYMENT OPTIONS:

goes on to explain payment options etc.

Yours sincerely,

squiggle

Field Agent Department
Elite Collections International Ltd.

Do I continue to ignore this mob to or should I write a letter to dispute claim now? Unsure what to do, But would like this mob to stop harrassing me with mail and threats!

Whats the best options here.

Gratefull as always in advance,

Baz

Alexis
Best option is to keep on ignoring!

As you have not responded to our previous letters, we can only assume that you have no intention of making an effort to clear the sum outstanding.

The powers of detection are strong in this one.

Should you not contact us upon receipt of this letter, an OUTSIDE FIELD AGENT will be instructed visit your address to discuss this further within 1 week.

What, they're going to send a farmer round to have a chat??

Anyway it has been sent to wrong address again like all previous correspondance (postman knows me so
brings all mail to new address)

Nobody will visit - it's not cost effective. It's just a ruse to scare you into paying.
They don't even know where you live!

In conclusion, sit tight and ignore. They will get bored in 2 or 3 letters time.
angelman
QUOTE (Alexis @ Fri, 23 May 2008 - 13:44) *

What, they're going to send a farmer round to have a chat??

Not a farmer - sounds like they have been watching too much TV and think that they are the FBI or perhaps Dog the Bounty Hunter
bama
we know them.

you could write back

denying liability
remind them that they have no powers
withdraw access to your property for them and any agents of theirs.
put them on notice as to costs and harrassment

if their paperwork only has a PO box number on it report them to companies house for a compliance failure.

copy the letter and send it with a strong complaint to TS (cc'd to OFT)
pangster
QUOTE (bama @ Fri, 23 May 2008 - 13:54) *
we know them.

you could write back

denying liability
remind them that they have no powers
withdraw access to your property for them and any agents of theirs.
put them on notice as to costs and harrassment

if their paperwork only has a PO box number on it report them to companies house for a compliance failure.

copy the letter and send it with a strong complaint to TS (cc'd to OFT)

how would you word a reply taking into account the above??
blu-tac man
Hi Baz 12

Dd you ever hear anything further following Elite Collections' threat to send an Outside Field Agent round?

I've just received an identical letter following a PCN (and all the subsequent b/s letters) from TPS at my local Pets At Home way back in February, and I wondered what I had to look forward too next? When do these t*ssers give up, and realise it's not worth their postage?

blu-tac
BAZ 12
Hi,

Sorry not checked this for a while as been away on Hols for a month.

I followed everyone's advice and igonored all letters rec'd.

After the threat from Elite Collections to send a field agent round to my door nothing else has happened, So
I plan to carry on ignoring any further threats also.

Cheers all.
bama
as expected.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.