Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whyte and co anpr van
FightBack Forums > Discussion > The Flame Pit
BAILIFFCHASER

If anybody sees this van lurking around it is a bailiff anpr van owned by our freind mr kenny the bailiff from whyte and co who is currently trawling the medway area. I was given this photo by a freind of mine who was involved in getting a vehicle released today.
glasgow_bhoy
oooooo his vans parked partially outwith the marked parking bay! I hope he gets a PCN
Mortimer
I saw a van similar to that in SW London a week or so ago.
Teufel
i wonder if they are properly registered under the DPA ?
bama
ooh, looks like that number plate has a black stud in to make it look like a different reg.
emanresu
I hope he's got insurance, otherwise it could be stopped and seized by the BiB.

http://www.askmid.com/
BAILIFFCHASER
Freind didnt take pic of mr kenny himslef due to dpa and so on. However he described him as a bloke in his middle ages with attitude who wouldnt talk to him. The pcn was £105 and when kenny came to collect he wanted near enough £700 which included a clamping fee as well. Also he was trying to lift a business vehicle which was clearly signed all 3 sides.
Glacier2
Parked on a SYL. Naughty! smile.gif
bama
and too near to a junction.

it all adds up....
BAILIFFCHASER
Anybody see this around ? I know they are active in medway this week as have seen several cars clamped and they are charging release fees of £600 up to £900 and also threatning people that their cars will be lifted despite them being signed etc. I think our freind mr kenny is really now taking the mick.
BAILIFFCHASER
We have now got him clamping vehicles displaying valid disabled badges. will post pics here is a few hours.
bama
must be a blackmail charge in the offing for this.
BAILIFFCHASER

The above are of a business vehicle which is clearly signed.
The ones below are of a disability vehicle which was also displaying a blue badge. :

On both ocaissions the owners were threatned with removal. In the case of the blue car a recovery truck had been called !!!!!!
Glacier2
In the case of the blue car a recovery truck had been called !!!!!!

Could that be proven or disproved?
BAILIFFCHASER
QUOTE (Glacier2 @ Sat, 21 Mar 2009 - 19:45) *
In the case of the blue car a recovery truck had been called !!!!!!

Could that be proven or disproved?

They supposedly phoned for a recovery vehicle and told me it would be there in 15 mins. I know it was a gimmick as they knew exactly what i was doing there.
Glacier2
There would be nothing to stop them from saying that they have called a tow truck for every clamp and there would be no way to prove them wrong.
BAILIFFCHASER
I know. That is how they put the chasers on people not paying.
roythebus
The chain through the clamp looks susceptible to an angle grinder...
muckychimney
QUOTE (roythebus @ Sat, 6 Mar 2010 - 00:46) *
The chain through the clamp looks susceptible to an angle grinder...

Hmmm tempting but I personally wouldnt touch a bailiff applied clamp as it would have been authorised by the courts, however someone else could quite easilt do it, lock would be a cheaper option though as if you cut the chain then the clamp is buggered
4by4
Sorry for being a bit uneducated in this side of things but how exactly does this work? The only thing I can imagine is:-

bank gives mr x a loan.
Mr X doesn't/can't keep up repayments.
bank takes mr x to court and wins.
bank instructs bailiffs to arrest mr x's property in liu of cash.
Bailiffs add mr x's registration to a database for anpr.
as they trawl around in the aforementioned van a parked car flags up - they nip out and stick on a clamp to stop mr x moving it.
come back in a recovery wagon take car and hold to ransom / sell on to recover losses.

If i have interpreted that right then surely there must be an absolute shedload of people on the "to clamp" list to make this feasable. especially if people are actively trying to "hide" their car in garages etc.
Glacier2
You are correct.

I reckon there are legal issues if the van driver clamps a car and demands money without having the warrant in his possession.
southpaw82
Even bigger issues if he clamps the car and it doesn't belong to Mr X any longer wink.gif
BAILIFFCHASER
The police dont care if a warant is present or not or if a scrap piece of printed paper is shown.
Glacier2
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Sat, 6 Mar 2010 - 17:30) *
Even bigger issues if he clamps the car and it doesn't belong to Mr X any longer wink.gif

I wonder have they been caught out by that before?

I suppose in such a case, self help would be allowed i.e. cutting off the clamp?
J_Edgar
QUOTE (BAILIFFCHASER @ Wed, 18 Mar 2009 - 20:24) *
Freind didnt take pic of mr kenny himslef due to dpa and so on. However he described him as a bloke in his middle ages with attitude who wouldnt talk to him. The pcn was £105 and when kenny came to collect he wanted near enough £700 which included a clamping fee as well. Also he was trying to lift a business vehicle which was clearly signed all 3 sides.

You can take photographs of whoever you like as long as you are in a public place.
BAILIFFCHASER
Kenny is still active in medway saw him junction of milton road with chatham hill and yesterday saw him in copenhagen road gillingham and before that saw him in livingstone road gillingham and before that saw him nosing around the one way system again in gillingham.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.