Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN incorrectly given to blue badge holder?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
monkeynuts
Hi all,

Think I'm right but want to check, my dad got this ticket while at the doctors (parked on double yellows) yet he is a blue badge holder which was displayed as it should be, so am I right in thinking this ticket should never have been issued and an appeal will kill it?

clark_kent
Without knowing why the PCN was issued we wont know, make an informal appeal and await the reason for its issue if its not cancelled.
monkeynuts
QUOTE (clark_kent @ Fri, 5 Jun 2009 - 16:13) *
Without knowing why the PCN was issued we wont know, make an informal appeal and await the reason for its issue if its not cancelled.

I thought the " Code 01 Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours " on the pcn is the reason why it was issued?
Neil B
QUOTE (monkeynuts @ Fri, 5 Jun 2009 - 17:25) *

I thought the " Code 01 Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours " on the pcn is the reason why it was issued?

he's just being a bit pedantic. He means we don't know why it was issued if the BB and clock were displayed correctly.

It may be there were loading restrictions and they have used the wrong contravention code? just speculating.

-

clark_kent
QUOTE (Neil B @ Fri, 5 Jun 2009 - 17:28) *

he's just being a bit pedantic. He means we don't know why it was issued if the BB and clock were displayed correctly.

It may be there were loading restrictions and they have used the wrong contravention code? just speculating.

-

Sorry I wasn't being pedantic there are numerous reasons, expired badge, altered badge, badge not used by holder, clock not displayed/set correctly, obstruction, obscured badge, exceeded 3 hours.
Teufel
were there kerb clips for no loading ?

if so you cant use your blue badge and the contraventioin is correct
clark_kent
QUOTE (Teufel @ Fri, 5 Jun 2009 - 20:11) *
were there kerb clips for no loading ?

if so you cant use your blue badge and the contraventioin is correct

if that where the case it would be an 02(O) parked in a restricted street where loading restrictions are in place
Anorak
QUOTE (clark_kent @ Fri, 5 Jun 2009 - 17:40) *
QUOTE (Neil B @ Fri, 5 Jun 2009 - 17:28) *

-

Sorry I wasn't being pedantic there are numerous reasons, expired badge, altered badge, badge not used by holder, clock not displayed/set correctly, obstruction, obscured badge, exceeded 3 hours.

I agree CK...it just goes to show that using such a contravention code against a BB holder fails to accurately describe the contravention if one of the possibilities you mention is the case.
watsits
Appeal on the points that you were displaying a badge and clock send a photocopy of it, state if true, you were not more than 3 hours if thats the limit and ask to see the CEO's notes and all images. Some councils give blue badge holders a strike or two before they reject appeals out of hand.

also is it me or does the payment slip say it was issued at 12:19 where as the pcn states 12:18 ? probably wont come to much though as the tear of slip has I think been proven not to be part of the PCN
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.