Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Highview Parking - Wembly Stadium Retail Park
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Pages: 1, 2, 3
hinpats
Hi
First Posting.

Received a simillar Parking Charge Notice from Highview Parking LTd from parking near Wembly Stadium Retail Park for over staying. on 29th aug 09. With One A4 peper which seems very basic.

Asking for £75 else £95 and £40 admin charger if after 10 days.

They are holding photographic evidence of file to support this calim. As well as, Operating in Accordance with DVLA Code of Practice For Private Car Park Enforcement in BOLD letters.

Private CAR park condition applies.... Area is monitored by regular patrols and CCTV... Agree to pay the charge when you allow your vehicle to remain on site for longer then 1.5 hrs at any time for any reason. Failure to pay may iccur extra cost and will contact DVLA to obtain details...These terms were clearly placed at the entrance to, and in prominent places within the car Park.

On the back ... Very brief Appeals and Complaints preocedure with a POBOX address and bit on Data Protection Act.

Pelase advise what I should do or how to tackle this.

Thanks in advance.
Michael Gibson
That my friend is a thread hijack.

However the answer for the is the same for both.

IGNORE
hinpats
Should I let them know about NOY paying?
What about the Photo evidance and all the hassle after the 14 days are passed?

NOY = NOT
Sorry
RD400E
QUOTE (hinpats @ Thu, 10 Sep 2009 - 19:24) *
Should I let them know about NOY paying?
What about the Photo evidance and all the hassle after the 14 days are passed?

NOY = NOT
Sorry

Start you own topic to get the advice you need.....

Photo evidence and 14 days elapsed are not relevant in PPC tickets
Michael Gibson
Here it is simplistically:

You parked there without getting a visitors permit that costs a few pounds.

They've lost a few pounds in not buying a permit, so can take you to court for those few pounds.

OR

They can issue something that has no legal standing asking for a lot more, and hope that you'll just pay it.

SO: 20 cars park without displaying a permit that costs maybe a fiver. That would be £100 lost revenue, which they could get back thru the courts. OR send 20 notices asking for £75 and get maybe three replies with £75 enclosed. Easier and cheaper.

DVLA won't stop the racket cos they get £2.50 every time they hand over the details.

You'll get letters from debt recovery agents, they have no legal standing either.

Besides all of this, the invoice is sent to the reg keeper, who may not be the driver. Don't contact them, ignore everything that comes through until you get stamped court papers. I'll chop off my index fingers if that happens.

CCJs can't happen until you get taken to court (pah!), lose (pah!) and then refuse to pay.

They have no power to clamp you for outstanding invoices, rape your dog or anything else they can think of whatsoever.

Red ink and chequered borders are favourites for the follow up letters, as are the companies Roxburghe and CCS Collect.
hinpats
Thank you all for the replies.

How do I know what court paper looks like? How do I know its geneuine?
Are you saying, its likely that the court order seems likely?
What should I do with the PCN?
Do I need to go and visit the site and take some pictures?

Please advise.

Thanks all.
bama
There is no DVLA CoP. it died quite some time ago.

Claims that they follow it are criminal breeches of CPUTR IMO

CPUTR

http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/legResults.as...amp;SortAlpha=0

1. Claiming to be a signatory to a code of conduct when the trader is not.

(SCHEDULE 1) is an Unfair practice and amounts to a criminal offence.

Codes of conduct. In relation to codes of conduct as defined, there are two scheduled
offences: falsely claiming to be a signatory to a code of conduct; or that the code has
an endorsement from a public or other body.

‘“Code of conduct” means an agreement or set of rules (which is not imposed by legal
or administrative requirements), which governs the behaviour of traders who undertake
to be bound by it in relation to one or more commercial practices or business sectors’ (reg 2).

Public or other body: Eg falsely claiming that a code has been approved by the DVLA

(Looks like Highview is really Ranger Services in disguise see the AOS members list on the BPA website).

I would just get onto the local TS for Ranger Services - Ranger's office is in Borehamwood.
Michael Gibson
You will receive more letters from them. Ignore them as well. You will get a couple of letters from debt collection agencies - ignore them as well. Each time they'll put the cost up to scare you into paying. Do not pay and eventually they'll go away.

If and only if you recieve court papers from the courts, fully stamped, you'll need to have a defense. Which is what we have here. And it hasn't lost yet.

Don't worry about it, I'm on over 50 of these things now...
hinpats
Thanks for your replies guys. Sorry to be a so clueless.

Bama.. very detailed and technical.. Thanks
Micheal . straight to the point, exactly what I want to know..

However, I am still concern being the 1st timer....

Will I get the court papers?
How can you tell if they are genuine?
Does that mean I need to then go through a lawyer?
Will I get a bad record as a result?

Please advice.
Thanks

Am I allowed to post my query on other threads here?

Am I allowed to post the same query more then once, can I do that? Is that allowed?

Thanks
bama
stay on this thread, note the words "Split from hijacked thread"

what court papers ? you don't have any !
hinpats
I meant to say, following all the letters, will I eventully get court papers from HigiView Parking ltd and go through the lawayers and get a bad record through CCJs?
bama
very little chance of real papers IMO.

CCJ ? you don't know how they work.
It would have to:-
go to small claims,
you lose
and you refuse to pay up within the deadline

what do you think the chances of all three of those happening are.

see http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=24362&hl=
hinpats
Thanks for the reply.

Isn't there a simple way to tell this cowboy agency to go away rather then simply getting pester by them.?
Should I just keep ignoring all the letters I get from them?

please advice.

Thanks

quickboy
QUOTE (hinpats @ Sun, 13 Sep 2009 - 22:01) *
Isn't there a simple way to tell this cowboy agency to go away rather then simply getting pester by them.?
Should I just keep ignoring all the letters I get from them?

The only simple way is to keep ignoring the cowboys. If you start writing to them it will only confirm there is a "live" person responding to their letters. You will have to be patient and put up with their silly demands for a while yet. Do NOT respond to them in any way. Simple!
Alexis
Ignore everything. That's how you get them to go away.

Contact only encourages them.
Oscar15
yes, I agree. just ignore everything & don't worry about it.
I had an 'invoice from same company - 'New Generation Parking' AKA Highview, Ranger etc. at the Borehamwood address.As I found out they ignore anything you send to them & just keep asking for money .I just stopped communicating with them after my first 'get stuffed letter' and they just gave up fairly quickly. Didn't even get any 'debt collectors' or 'solicitors' letters sad.gif .
TallBloke
Hinpats, I recommend you read this excellent article:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autoco...ticle&id=56

and stop worrying
bama
and this one http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=24362&hl=
hinpats
Do you think i need to write them one off GET STUFFED letter...
or should i just ignore completly...

Is it trute, if they find your car again, they will clamp it?

please advise. Thanks.

Michael Gibson
QUOTE (hinpats @ Wed, 16 Sep 2009 - 09:32) *
Do you think i need to write them one off GET STUFFED letter...
or should i just ignore completly...

Is it trute, if they find your car again, they will clamp it?

please advise. Thanks.

No, ignore them.

If there are no signs saying clamping, then they cannot clamp you. If they seek redress for their invoice then they have to go to court. IF you get clamped (even less likely than them taking you to court for the ticket in the first place), then call the police as it is blackmail. The only way for them to enforce their invoice is through the courts.
hinpats
Thanks Michael.
How long do you think before they will give up? How many letters am I likely to get?
Is it likely, I will get court paper or balifts, if they seek redress for their invoice as per above?

I just want to be sure that ignoring is the right thing?

please advise. Thanks

dave-o
You will not get court papers. To send bailliffs they would need to take you to court, so you can work that one out!

You'll get 4-8 letters over the space of a few months before they give up.
Michael Gibson
QUOTE (hinpats @ Wed, 16 Sep 2009 - 10:32) *
Thanks Michael.
How long do you think before they will give up? How many letters am I likely to get?
Is it likely, I will get court paper or balifts, if they seek redress for their invoice as per above?

I just want to be sure that ignoring is the right thing?

please advise. Thanks

Maybe two or three. Expect red text, expect chequered borders. Expect the amount to go up each time. If they actually had a leg to stand on, they'd take you to court straight away rather than send out more and more letters thus spending more and more money.

If you go to court, I'll be a McKenzie Friend (google it) for you. I've made this offer quite a few times and it's never gone anywhere near.

Basically, they're looking for this reaction from you, one of worry etc.

Two key points: You're the reg keeper, you've never contacted them to say you were the driver, and thus the person who entered their "contract".

They haven't incurred any loss anywhere near the amount they're charging you, and are merely chancing it.
hinpats
Thanks Michael

What about the CCTV images that they have mentioned in their letters?
what do I need to look out for inorder to take some action from the corrospondance?
dave-o
Photos make no difference.

If you want to take some action you can:

-Complain to the OFT and TS
-Complain to your MP
-Complain to Wembley Stadium
hinpats
Hi all,
Recevided a new letter (no. 2) with RED warning asking for the full amount.
Should I contact LIDL to tell them that I was in their shop doing the shopping?
Should I contact HighView to tell them that this is not a fair invoice etc?
please advise. Thanks
Gan
Lidl have nothing to do with this.

Others have consistently given good advice. Ignore completely.

Pigs will fly before you receive court papers. They'll have their own airline before you lose the case.
Alexis
Easiest thing is to do absolutely nothing.

If you wantt o take action, write and express your disgust to Lidl. The invoice is worthless toilet paper, so it doesn't matter if it's 'cancelled' or not. But you might get some vouchers from Lidl!
Michele
Surely if you are the registered keeper but NOT the driver they don't have a leg to stand on as you haven't agreed to their terms when entering the car park, the driver has. Is there a legal requirement to give them the name of the driver?
dave-o
No, none. The Driver/RK hurdle is just one of many that they would need to get over.

"Legal requirements" don't come into it anyway - it's an unlawful scam.
hinpats
Thank you all.

It seems, I just hold tight and keep the letters, which I recevie and do Nothing.

Does anybody know, what will follow as letter no. 3.?

Is there a standard letter of disgust that someone has, which I can send to Lidl ? If so, Please post.

Thank you.
dave-o
Basically:

Penalties cannot be levied by a private company. Aggressive pirsuit of an unsubstantiated debt by this company is a disgrace. You will be boycotting Lidl until they cease their use of cowboy parking companies. You will be advising your friends, family and colleagues to do the same.

In your own words.

Send this to the manager of the branch and to head office.

It doesn't matter if you actually carry out your threats.
hinpats
Hi, Further advise please.

I've now received the 3rd post, in the form of a letter with Highview Parking Ltd header and with a title legal action pending.

The letter reads...

This one has even higher cost with explanation. It also says about expired deadline for written representations against this notice. To avoid this being passed to our legal department for further action you are require to pay in 7 days and further legal and court cost may be added and so on.

This matter now be referred to our solicitors, they have the right to take liegal action to enforce this contract and register this debt against you in the county court, they will then seek to have a warrant issued for baliffs to recover this debt.

Your ability to obtain credit in the futre may be affected if we have to take this matter to our solicitors for further action.

Please can someone suggest what I should do. I am about to go out of country for 3 weeks. Should I be worried or need to contact them to let them know that I am not paying.

Has anyone received this letter, what should I be looking forward to the next one and anything I need to do.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

southpaw82
Why should you be worried? How is your case different to the thousands of others on here?
bama
"This matter now be referred to our solicitors, they have the right to take legal action to enforce this contract and register this debt against"
BOL LOCKS !
axeman
QUOTE (bama @ Sun, 11 Oct 2009 - 00:02) *
"This matter now be referred to our solicitors, they have the right to take legal action to enforce this contract and register this debt against"
BOL LOCKS !

very true, load of bol locks!!
hinpats
Hi all,

Thanks for your reply.
Are you saying, I should just ignore this too? Even, if I am going out of country for few weeks.

Does anyone know, what is to follow?
Should I contact them at all to inform them of any thing?
Sorry, If I have repeat any of this.

Please advise. Thanks all.

Regards
southpaw82
Why would you suddenly contact them?
dave-o
QUOTE (hinpats @ Sun, 11 Oct 2009 - 21:17) *
Should I contact them at all to inform them of any thing?

Absolutely not!

Have you bothered to read through any of the 100s of PPC scam letter chains in threads on this forum? If you had you'd see that everyone gets the same letters as you have.
Alexis
If you're away for a few weeks and tell the parking company, they could take court action for the sole purpose of getting an undefended win because you wouldn't respond to the court letter.

You'd get it overturned when you returned, but it's a hassle you wouldn't need.
hinpats
Than you all.
I will just hold tight and see what is to follow and update this forum accordingly.
Thanks for the time and advise.
Much appriciated.
Regards
bama
You could use a stamp writing to TS - see post #7...
hinpats
Hi Bama

Please explain what do you mean by "You could use a stamp writing to TS".

Thanks
axeman
QUOTE (hinpats @ Tue, 13 Oct 2009 - 19:11) *
Hi Bama

Please explain what do you mean by "You could use a stamp writing to TS".

Thanks

re-read post No.7 from Bama (page1) use a stamp to complain to Trading Standards, lets not just sit there, get complaining and reporting.
bama
the more that complain the better.
hinpats
Thanks Bama

Its a good idea.
Is there a standard letter, which one can use to raise the complaint numbers with the TS.
Where do we sent this? Is there an online submission?
Please advise.

Thanks
Regards
bama
there will be a local TS office. their mail website should lead you to it.

TallBloke
Try this:

https://ssl.datamotion.com/%28S%28lqgxcs452...E&to=advice

Sent mine two weeks ago. Still waiting a reply.
hinpats
Thanks.

Is that the form you sent, which needs to be filled online or was it a specific letter?

Regards
TallBloke
Sorry about the delay.

It's an online form. Just fill it in and submit it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.