Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another contract for Parking Eye...
FightBack Forums > Discussion > The Flame Pit
Robbo223
As if Staffordshire hospitals haven't got a bad enough name anyway, they decide to give PE a nice juicy contract...

trainbasher
QUOTE (Robbo223 @ Wed, 6 Nov 2013 - 20:50) *
As if Staffordshire hospitals haven't got a bad enough name anyway, they decide to give PE a nice juicy contract...

Is it ironic a FOI request was sent to them only yesterday about this? :-)
bama
Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust intends to bring the management of car parking in house upon expiry of current contract from 1.10.2013.

II.2.1) Total final value of contract(s)
Value: 0 GBP

hmm....
doesn't add up, equipment for free...
trainbasher
QUOTE (bama @ Wed, 6 Nov 2013 - 21:27) *
Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust intends to bring the management of car parking in house upon expiry of current contract from 1.10.2013.

hmm....
doesn't add up, equipment for free...

This is what I think...
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2011...hings_Fishy.jpg
Jlc

It can't be long before PPC's have to pay for the 'privilege' of performing car park management.

Now what is involved with car park management - Surely not sticking up some camera's and sending out invoices?

However, there must be a commercial justification of getting the lucky customers to pay for all of the running costs. I mean think of all the business the hospital will miss out on should their customers overstay.
ManxRed
QUOTE (Jlc @ Thu, 7 Nov 2013 - 12:05) *

It can't be long before PPC's have to pay for the 'privilege' of performing car park management.

I thought that we'd established that this is precisely what VCS did at John Lennon Airport?
Jlc
QUOTE (ManxRed @ Thu, 7 Nov 2013 - 12:29) *

I thought that we'd established that this is precisely what VCS did at John Lennon Airport?

Yup, you're right... A few quid too.
Umkomaas
QUOTE (Jlc @ Thu, 7 Nov 2013 - 14:56) *
QUOTE (ManxRed @ Thu, 7 Nov 2013 - 12:29) *

Yup, you're right... A few quid too.

Yup, twenty five thousand of them! ohmy.gif
bama
and another point.
PPCs, especially the larger ones, employ salesman who go out and get the contracts.
What do salesmen get ? Commission.
And I hazard that its ongoing commission based on revenue from the site(s)
(maybe with a front loading but thats by the by at the moment)
So how does the salesman's commission figure in the losses suffered by the landholder ?
It cannot, the commission isn't an injury inflicted by the motorist.

Just about the only arg they have is the "commercially justified" claptrap we have seen, which should be refuted (i.e distinguished) in all appeals IMO.

Lynnzer
QUOTE (bama @ Sat, 9 Nov 2013 - 17:23) *
and another point.
PPCs, especially the larger ones, employ salesman who go out and get the contracts.
What do salesmen get ? Commission.
And I hazard that its ongoing commission based on revenue from the site(s)
(maybe with a front loading but thats by the by at the moment)
So how does the salesman's commission figure in the losses suffered by the landholder ?
It cannot, the commission isn't an injury inflicted by the motorist.

Just about the only arg they have is the "commercially justified" claptrap we have seen, which should be refuted (i.e distinguished) in all appeals IMO.

They already declare Staff Salaries as being part of the loss.
So Jack and Jane get a pay-rise and we all have to pay more.....
bama
commission isn't salary
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.